Sunday, June 1, 2008

Swanky Panky - In The Bedroom.


Swanky Panky is short but Luxe this week, as I am on a mission to revive my boudoir. My furniture is now a lovely glossy black, with beautiful cut glass handles and I have spent the entire weekend stripping the walls of there horrid early 90's Liberty Print wallpaper. The undercoat is a vast improvement on that nasty nana pattern. So of course having now gone through the rigors of stripping the old, I am thinking about replacing it with the new. I just love a bit of drama in the bedroom.



I am so in love with these divine designs from DeGournay (not to overload on the alliteration there). Exquisite hand painted papers, with prices to match, these may only grace my room in my dreams. I adore chinoiserie, but the somewhat Deco monkeys are just the perfect bit of crazy for me, and I know Shanghai Lil would approve. (There's those damn monkeys again!)



This flocked black velvet on duck egg blue background, stopped me in my tracks. It says, "Come on in Sir. Now bring me my Cuban and a deck of cards." I can just envisage this creating a perfect backdrop for some bedroom antics worthy of Scarlet O'Hara.



For a more demure, but no less dramatic option, this stunning Peacock Wallpaper by David Qian (sadly not yet commercially available) is just gorgeous. I think that something this beautiful would have to inspire you every morning.

While on the animal theme, these Othello Hooks, by Lladro are almost too fabulous to hang your hat on. But now, after all that stripping in the bedroom, Mama needs a rest! So it's goodnight from me while I dream some more decorating dreams.

9 comments:

Lady Melbourne said...

I love it all, I want it all!
Gosh I love decorating....and redecorating!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I haven't seen SL's monkey in a while, where is he? The DeGournay (chinoisrie) would be such a dramatic addition to the 'love room', it's equal parts femme/homme...but then I love a feature wall!

Sheri said...

i LOVE the black/duckegg pattern. so pretty. I need to redo my bedroom furniture too - any painting tips?

K.Line said...

I love the deGournay tree. I'm sure it costs a fortune, but isn't it worth it to see beauty around you first thing in the morning and last thing at night? (She says, in denial, having just spent a fortune on her seasonal backyard...)

Candice DeVille said...

Lady Melbourne: Yes, re-decorating (as with fashion)seems to be my life.
Imelda: Yes, that's why I love the monkeys, then he could be with me all the time! (Mr is not so keen on being watched).
Sheri: Very tactile, yes. As for painting it depends on the finish you want. My tips would be sand and prep your surface really well, using spray paint ( I used auto paint for a super glossy finish)coat finely, using quick sweeping passes, and coat many times, (after letting drying in between,) rather than too thickly. Lightly sand in between every few coats (in case of dust contamination) and finish off with two clear coats for a lovely shine.
K.Line: It actually makes you feel wind swept just looking at it.

debi9kids said...

OH! I LOVE the vintage patterns! FABULOUS!
:) Debi
ps I just spotted you over on Posh Mamas...

Elizabeth said...

I do love those papers!

Anonymous said...

That black and blue wallpeper is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Candice DeVille said...

Hi Debi, thanks for visiting. Nice to see another PM here.
enc and katie: I am very tempted by that black and blue paper, besides which it is the only one I can really afford! I do worry though, that being flocked I may have to dust it.