Friday, June 20, 2008

Going A Little Stir Crazy

Polymer dolls by MagicBeanBuyer

Today is no fashion show here, it's party prep day. Miss 3 has her big 4 party tomorrow, so it is all go here cooking cupcakes, making jelly cups and baking the hell out of a Little Mermaid cake. I have chocolate cake mix on my apron, the walls, my paperwork and possibly in my hair. I am no Martha Stewart, but I try. I'm trying to cater in a fun (and probably not overly nutritious way) for a dozen little girls.I've only received a few RSVP's and knowing that some of them have severe allergies; (I just don't really know what they are) I'm a little worried. If all else fails I'll give them a carrot stick with hundreds and thousands on it and tell them thats what fairies eat 'cause they grow in the garden!

I've been exploring all the wonderful cupcake and party cake sites out there, and while they are beautiful, they go a long way to making you feel hugely inadequate in the catering department. So instead here is a little cupcake inspired fashion that Google came up with when searching for Cupcakes Dresses - cause that's a hell of a lot easier than baking!









Cupcake Dress from Betsy Johnson




Baton Rouge dress from Betsy Johnson

** All cupcake images are by some talented bakers who post on Flickr. Just click on the image to be linked to their wonderful work **

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just shrieking here, how very very cute!!! I love cupcakes, love cake decorating, and love baking. How clever to match it to fashion as well! I hope the party goes wonderfully as I'm sure it will. Have a lovely weekend!

Fashion Hayley said...

Happy Birthday Miss 4. I hope she has a wonderful time at her party as I'm sure she will, and that you don't go crazy having so many kids in your house. I know how bad it can be...I worked in childcare for a few months, eeek!

K.Line said...

Don't you just loathe those mums who can whip up a mermaid cake from scratch - carving it out of a 10 inch round without so much as a template? They're as bad as the people with the perfect houses!

Happy birthday to 3 (now I guess we'll have to call her 4)...

Mrs. Fox said...

I love the line about feeding the girls carrot sticks. That's brilliant! Kids don't care what it looks like as long as it's loaded with sugar. :) Have fun!

casapinka said...

Don't you just love Betsy? I love your blog as well! I'll link you soon.

Lisamaree said...

YUmmy! Love the Betsy Johnsons'. I think the Patrica Field would give one diabetes. Happy birthday to Miss 3, and happy day to the mama too.
xx

Candice DeVille said...

Amy G: You should check out the amazing fashion - animal/architecture etc... matching that Trend De La Creme does!
Hayley: Ahh so you know well that headache that kicks in in the first five minutes.
K.Line: I know what you mean. I only figured out what I would make at 5pm last night, so I Googled birthday cakes, and found some made by Mums and Nanas that weren't too intimidating.
Mrs Fox: Fortunately it didn't come to that, but it was indeed all they cared about. I have many plates full of cake here that have been stripped of their icing.
Casapinka: I quite like a lot of her accessories too.
Hammy: I have to agree about the Patricia Fields number. It has a bit of a tragic air to it. Although at a '16 Candles' party it should fit right in.

Tizzalicious said...

Good luck/have fun with the party! :)

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

crikey!!! Every child seems to have an allergy these days! I'll be laughing ALL day about 'carrot sticks covered in 100's & 1000's'.

Elizabeth said...

Sweet in every way.

I understand about this specialty baking! It's difficult, but rewarding.

Miss 4 is a lucky girl to have a Mama like you.

Lil' Puch said...

I hope you and your girls have fun at the party!!
Love the dresses!!