Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Excuse Me But Your Style Is Showing.


Get our your glad rags girls, Mama has a new project and it's all about you. Introducing...

Uncommonly Fetching Mamas

My latest project is for all you other Mamas out there who either have style, or need some inspiration. I get a lot of emails asking me all about my personal style, and how I find the time and motivation to dress the way I do every day, while also juggling two kids, ( I know some of you have many more). All of these got me thinking; often times we don't dress to our best because we don't feel we have an 'audience' for our look. This may be because you spend most of your time at home, or have a workplace filled with Tweety bird T-shirts (as one poor reader told me). So I have decided to create that audience.

Uncommonly Fetching Mamas is a new Flickr group for you to post your best and brightest fashion creations. Somewhere you can check out other's style and find out how they do it. There are lots of unforeseen fashion challenges with children, (read nursing, food and Dry Clean Only) but that does not mean we have to live in jeans and T's, or (heaven forbid!) Juicy tracksuits, on a daily basis.

Now there will be those of you reading who don't have children and probably think you can give it a miss, but we need you too! Who are the Uncommonly Fetching Mama's in your life? Is it your best friend, your work mate or your own Mum? We want to see all fabulous mamas here, so get snapping.

So Mamas', your mission is to dress for You, even if you can only do it one day a week, and show us the best of your creative endeavors. Now, no pushing, who's first? You may even just end up here as Mama of the Month.

10 comments:

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

Mama your simply the best, better than all rest! Great concept! I could think of anyone better than the most 'stunning mama of them all' to help guide other mama's to the promised land (aka a Juicy free world).

Sorry I haven't responded...I'm town next week if your free...chat tomorrow!

Candice DeVille said...

Imelda: Just have to recruit my own army to fly the flag now. I'd love to catch up next week, chat tomorrow.

Tizzalicious said...

I love your idea :)

Lady Melbourne said...

What a fabulous and fascinating idea. I don't have children, just my shoes and dresses which I treat like little children, I don't suppose they count do they?!
LM
x

fash said...

your blog is so inspired.
come motherhood, i'd love nothing more than to have the same energy, enthusiasm and love for style as you and all those other uncommonly fetching mamas.

Cait said...

That's a lovely idea! I know it would help me if I was older and had a family.
Heh, my mom should try it.

Candice DeVille said...

Tizz, Lady Melbourne, Fash and Cait: Thanks for the enthusiasm and support. You don't have to have children to be involved, I'm sure you all know some fabulous Mamas that you can snap for the group. It could be someone at your office, the lady who makes your coffee or (yes Cait) even your own Mum. My own Mum may even allow me to post her there too. After all, she is the one who taught me to dress!

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I love a challenge! Which outfit will I choose? Should I accessorize with baby and home-for-summer son? (just kidding, though they turn up in enough of my pictures!) Thank you for a very inspirational challenge--I can't wait!

Elizabeth said...

What a great idea!

Candice DeVille said...

Amy g: So looking forward to seeing you there. Please feel free to spread the word of this crusade.
Enc: Thank you. I can't wait to see what lovely ladies come out of the woodwork.