Thursday, June 19, 2008

Daily Outfit







Dress - Mar Jour, Black Rouched top - Esprit, Black Yoga Pants - Miss Shop, Shoes - Pura Lopez, Crown Earrings - (Westwood inspired) from David Jones.

Today I headed out for the final colouring session on my tattoo. Which meant I had to stick to stretchy, black clothes as they don't stain with the ink so badly. It is cold and rainy, so layering was in order to cope with all the demands of the day.

I decided to try out this amusing dress from Mar Jour. I picked it up from a vintage Punk and Goth store way out in the country, (a very surprising place for this find). It kind of reminds me of a butchers apron (I don't know if that is a good thing), but I love the quote on the back. "Punks Not Death". Do you think that is quite what they meant? Either way, I love it, so it made its first outing today. Even when I do something a little different from my usual look, the overriding factor is always the polish for me. I don't do grunge or boho looks. No matter what 'look' I wear I always go with polished hair and makeup, which I guess is my signature look.

And about yesterdays shoes; I have ordered that first pair of blue Mary Janes, and I even found a gorgeous pair of teal blue heels with a square / cube style toe, like those on ballet point shoes. So, add those to quite a number of sneaky little Ebay deliveries making their way to my mail box, and there should be a few new outfits popping up in the next week. Does anyone else feel like they are getting presents when things arrive in the mail?

14 comments:

Lil Midget said...

Ooooh! I like~

Liv Bambola said...

Love the blog and your perfect style! Will definitely be keeping track =)

P.S. Similar tastes in shoes? Check one of my most recents...great minds think alike =)

WendyB said...

Love your 'do.

Fashion Hayley said...

The dress looks cool, where is this vintage punk goth store?. I can't wait to see your finished tattoo. I forgot to ask you about that when we met, like how much did it hurt? Cost? etc... I've wanted a tattoo for ages but knowing me I'll hate it in a year, my tastes are always changing. Like about 1 year ago I was like you in that I never left the house without setting my hair and doing my make-up which included red lipstick, but now I hate red lipstick on me. I think what changed is I went from dying my hair black back to my natural blond (well naturally it's more mousey less yellow) and now I have a fringe and can't do much with it.
Are you planning on going to a Japanese bath house (onsen) when your over there? You won't be allowed in if they see your tattoo (people with tattoos are banned from a lot of places in Japan, Tattoos are associated with the Yukuza, gangsters) so try to get a swimsuit that covers it and go to a non nude onsen. Onsen is so fun.

Anonymous said...

I think that's Engrish for the phrase "Punk's Not Dead"! Where is your mohawk and nose safety-pin SKM?!! :)

Anonymous said...

Your hair is always amazing!

Candice DeVille said...

Lil Midget: I thought you would!
The exception: Will do.
Wendy B: Thank you.
Fashion Hayley: It sounds like we will certainly have to get together again soon. I might have to answer all the tattoo questions in another post. As for the bath house thing, I know that they have a lot of restrictions there. I'm not sure how it will go over as even in a bathing suit it can be seen. If I got a vintage style one with the longer legs, I'd get away with it.
Lizzie Dee: That's what I was thinking too. I love me some Engrish.
Nadine: Thanks, I always have to keep in out of my face and back, otherwise it gets ripped out by my 10 month old!

Elle said...

I got my first ebay purchase the other day and it did feel like a present! Although you know what it is in theory you've never actualy met it in person which is an entirely different experiece.

PS love the typo dress.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but sometimes they are even better than presents because they are EXACTLY what you wanted.

Anonymous said...

Hehe...love the 'faux punk' aspect of it...

Candice DeVille said...

Danielle: Wow, you're first Ebay! Welcome to a world of addiction.
Cybill: Hopefully if all goes well they are.
Susie Bubble: That's exactly what I loved. There's something quite ironic to it.

Shady said...

Loved your blog for awhile now, first time commenting, I absolutely love, love, LOVE your style. We have very similar tastes in lots of things including blonde streaks *wink* I totally wanna play the Dress Up Game w you, I'd love to see how you'd style me! Anyway- you look ravishing (per usual) in this outfit, I love it.

Candice DeVille said...

Shady: Thank you so much. I love to hear from my secret lurkers. Keep an eye out because I will have another chance for dress ups next month.

Elizabeth said...

Perfectly edgy for the day's events.