Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Daily Outfit



Outfit details: Top - Hello Gorgeous, Skirt - Boo Radley, Silver metallic leggings - David Jones, Stiletto boots - Joanne Mercier

Today I headed out for a little shopping, on a quest to find the perfect outfit for a gala evening I have tomorrow night. There will be some fabulous pictures coming indeed. It was a crazy day of fittings, beauticians and a dentist appointment; but much fun was had in anticipation of tomorrow.

For those of you who are wondering, my life does not consist of maids and nannies to achieve these things. Just an understanding husband and a militant sense of organisation, which doesn't always work, but it sure helps.. So on any given day I can start the day changing nappies, washing clothes and cleaning M &M's from the heating vent, to catching up with some of my favorite witty individuals or heading out to a show.

While this doesn't happen every day, I believe it is so important to keep on doing things for and/ or by myself. It is by having time to indulge myself and feed my passions, that I have more to put into my relationships. And yes, I know I am amazingly fortunate to be able to do this. So whether you have children, a demanding job or a litter or puppies that are taking up almost all your waking hours, make sure you find a little time to indulge your passions. These are the things that keep us happy and interesting individuals; and it is a great excuse to buy new shoes.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds familiar! It's important to keep up the little things that matter, and to put some style into every day. I love your outfit today!

Elizabeth said...

You have a great perspective on motherhood.

I love how you put the skirt together with that jumper. It's a great look.

Anonymous said...

you need to change the name of your blog to "super hot kawaii mama" :P

Lil' Puch said...

I agree with trend de la creme!!!!
You look super hot, and i can't understand how you can do everything around the house and look so fabulous!!! Great job!!!

Shady said...

I am just arriving at a point in my life where I am trying to take care of myself (as opposed to everyone BUT) for pretty much the first time ever. So this post totally hit bullseye w me! You are totally right about how important it is. Doing things just for yourself is incredibly strengthening.

Oh and gosh I really love that skirt!

Tizzalicious said...

You are so right. Everyone needs some me-time every now and then!

Lil Midget said...

i love the skirt!