Sunday, June 1, 2008

Goodbye May; Hello June

Here are some of my favorite things that happened in May.




Surprise packages from my Best Friend. Vintage story books to read to the girls. Playing dress ups with Miss Three. My Mothers Day flowers. My Mothers Day breakfast by Miss Three. Having a tea party with Miss Three dressed as Mulan. Taking the girls to 'outer space'. Playing Mulan with Miss Three. Watching Miss Three's art work develop with this picture of a snowman and a whale.



For those of you keeping up with the progress of my tattoo, I now only have one session left to go. After another 3 1/2 hours, my Koi fish now has some colour to him. There is pretty much only the peony and cherry blossoms to finish off. When choosing the colour for the blossoms, my artist brought me lots of lovely soft pink inks, very feminine. I, of course, have chosen to go with the hot pink and magenta instead.

Answers to the questions I have been asked so far are:

Yes, I spent ages researching just what I wanted.
I worked with the artist to custom design the image.
Yes, it is expensive.
Yes, it hurt but it has nothing on childbirth twice over - (and they weren't even natural births!) So no bitching from me.

On another note, I have a little housekeeping to do. Firstly, I have been having a problem with my emails where some have been indiscriminately sent to a junk folder I rarely check. If you have sent me mail and not heard back, I am sorry. Please don't think me rude. If you would like to send me a message, all mail should now be received.

Secondly, I have lots of new links to add, and many to tidy up. If I haven't linked to you and you would like your blog to appear here, drop me a line so I can check you out. I can't promise to add everyone, but if your site tickles my fancy and is relevant to my readers, I'll see what I can do.

There will be some new features and surprise's coming in June, and I can hardly wait to get started!

"Dreams come in a size too big,
so that we can grow into them."

-Josie Bisset

8 comments:

annabananna said...

wow, your tattoo is a real piece of art! can't wait to see it when it is finished and might get another one for myself, soon :)

those pictures up there are so beautiful, they make me smile.

i would love to share links, but totally understand if we don't fit in your link list, so just let me know! have a great sunday.

Candice DeVille said...

annabannana: Tattoos can be so addictive! I'd be very happy to add you to my link list. You always have such lovely portraits.

Cait said...

Your daughter is beautiful!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I wish I'd tuned in sooner...your tattoo is FIERCE...and the love hearts simply priceless (and brave of you revealing so much)

Anonymous said...

Oooh, it's coming along nicely! Feel free to link to me if you'd like.

Candice DeVille said...

Cait: Yes, she is such a darling.
Imelda: Thank you!It was either the hearts or a kiss, but I thought the subtext a bit too obvious.
Amy G: It should be finished in about four weeks, I can't wait.

Elizabeth said...

That's a nice tattoo. Your artist is talented, and you chose a brilliant design!

I love that collage. Beautiful.

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

I'll be waiting eagerly for more pics of your koi! It's beautiful! I think the hot pink and magenta will suit you well.

And your daughter looks ever so cute!