Saturday, May 3, 2008

Swanky Panky

Today's Swanky Panky is all from the treasure trove that is Etsy, and yes I guess I am a bit biased. I hope that even just looking at these little pieces of wonder will give you as much joy as it did me.


This stunning piece is the Anhinga Bird Pin by Adam Smith. It is made of hand-cut, weathered steel and has a 24k gold heart. I see a fragile, somewhat morbid beauty in this pin. It makes me want to wear it over my heart, while sitting back reading Poe in a candlelit library.


I am very taken with the work of Valentines Attic on Etsy. Using vintage photographs, myths, legends and surrealist art as her inspirations, this lovely lady's beautiful work has stolen my heart. Using photo manipulation techniques, she seeks to combine vintage photographs with images and feelings recollected from her childhood. You can read more about her work on Valentines Attic.


The work of Contrary uses lots of recycled materials combined with fine jewelry to create one of a kind pieces. I particularly like this Skeleton Key necklace, as I think it would always make me wonder what mysteries lie behind its door.

And to leave you with a little whimsy, this gorgeous little Wishing Chair necklace from Hoolala. Inspired by the Enid Blyton story of the same name, this piece is no less than magical to me.


9 comments:

Dressed and Pressed said...

Hey SuperKM,

I'm linked to you now, be great if you could link back. Cheers.

Elizabeth said...

These are all very cute, but I really love that chair.

Anonymous said...

I'm feeling the Poe! If you wear glasses and reading in a dim library would make you sleepy (as in me) a Tim Burton film would suitable alternative!

Candice DeVille said...

Ah Tim Burton. I have had quite the love affair with his work since I was a young 'un. Indeed it would be a suitable alternative.

Anonymous said...

me too and thanks for the link to the article in The Age.xxx

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely bit of swank you've amassed there....

bronwyn said...

Nice collection, there is such beautiful stuff at Etsy. The wishing chair is my favourite, it's adorable!

Candice DeVille said...

dressed & pressed: consider yourself linked. :)
Susie: The bird pin reminds me of the black bird headband you had a while back too.
bronwyn & enc: The chair is something special indeed. Yeah Etsy!

Unknown said...

Traditional charm bracelets pandora jewerly are made of a silver or gold chain with charms dangling. There are literally hundreds of pandora bead different styles and themes to choose from when purchasing traditional charm jewelry. Some of the more common pandora charms bracelets themes and styles of charm bracelets available include:Beach lover themes.Victorian Pandora beads style charmsVintage charm jewelr.Traditional charm bracelets discount pandora make superb gifts. You can literally find a charm to pandora sale represent almost any interest, hobby or theme. Sports, animals, travel, landscapes. you name discount pandora charms it! In the world of charms, almost anything is pandora charms 2010 possible. Many people enjoy buy pandora charm receiving and exchanging charms as part of a hobby or Pandora beads 2010 friendship building.