Friday, May 9, 2008

Daily Outfit & New Ebay Finds



Black top - Miss Shop, Red Cardigan - Katies (pinched from Mum), Black velvet pants - Postie, Shoes - Pura Lopez, Apron - Dandi.

Another cold day. Just the right weather for staying inside and tackling some housework and a little sewing. So today's outfit called for something casual and practical. When I'm sewing I tend to spend a lot of time sitting on the floor designing patterns and cutting out fabric, so I have to wear something stretchy and comfortable. As for the housework, I always try to wear an apron so that I can still wear something decent underneath, rather than wearing nasty old clothes just for cleaning. Besides, who knows when "Hello!" magazine may come knocking.



A couple of my new Ebay purchases arrived today too. A very cute Laura Lees for Top Shop dress, all flirty with little hearts and ruffles everywhere. This will probably be my choice for a Mother's Day outfit, with a cardigan and possibly coloured stockings to cope with the cool Autumn weather.


I picked up this vintage 50's dress too, and can't wait to see what it looks like in the flesh. I think this one will have to be carefully styled, but could be a real gem.

I did have one rather odd disappointment though. I purchased a great vintage 50's house dress pattern that arrived today. When I picked up the envelop it felt like it had nothing in it, and I thought perhaps it was sent in error. When I opened up my package, I found a cover page from a pattern. It was the complete instructions but no pattern! After I emailed the seller, asking what the story was, she told me she had bought it from someone else on Ebay and, not being someone who sewed, didn't notice anything wrong with it! She is very kindly refunding my money, but still, a very strange thing not to notice.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, these are all so pretty! You did very well! How odd not to notice that the pattern was missing. I guess non-sewers don't realize we need more than an instruction sheet?

K.Line said...

That dress at the bottom is awesome. I can tell it's going to look great on you. K

WendyB said...

That last dress is stunning.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh the red cardigan is great - and I totally adore the last dress.

Elizabeth said...

These are all perfect for you. I love the red cardi best, though.

Lil Midget said...

So pretty!!!

Style On Track said...

That dress is beyond feminine and glamorous, I am in love with it :)