Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Keep Out Of Reach Of Children

Queenie - Artist and creator of Pocket Full of Posiez


There are lots of things I have no real use for, but I still have to have. Fur coats, stickers, Hello Kitty seat belt covers; but probably one of the most difficult thing to buy for yourself when you have girls, is dolls. I have quite a little secret collection put away in the hallway cupboard. I sneakily get them out on occasion when the girls are asleep, as the whining and tears that would follow their discovery is just not worth it. My eldest daughter has already inherited many of my dolls, including a fully furnished dolls house that is taller than her. But there are still some lovely dolls out there for which I can barely contain my wallet.


I love the Pullip dolls for their huge eyes, wonderful outfits and not least the quotes on the boxes.
” Radical but noble. The happiest moment in the world, the perfect aesthetic sense…feel like so. “ WTF??



I particularly like a little irony to my dolls, which is why I am completely in love with the work of Queenie at Pocket Full of Posiez. I love their fragile, dark faces and acerbic wit.


With decadent and deadly dollies; delicious artwork and t-shirts to boot, Pocket Full of Posiez will most likely be on the receiving end of my cash very soon.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't really feeling it until I got to the pirate dolly and then I felt that familiar surge of WANT.

Tizzalicious said...

Dolly love!

I'd die if kids came near my Blythe dolls!

Anonymous said...

I had a Pullip too - until it broke :(... I love the Edward doll! It's so cute.

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I am prepared to kill for a Blythe doll...seriously so awesome.

Elizabeth said...

These are mental, the only dolls that should be allowed to live. Most dolls freak me out, and these are the only ones that don't. I'm not sure what this says about me.

Candice DeVille said...

cybill: She is my favorite too
Tizz: I can imagine with the $ they go for.
Nadine: Oh that is so sad.
The clothes horse: At the prices the authentic vintage ones bring you just may have to.
Enc: Perhaps it is because they don't try to hide their creepiness behind a cherubic smile.