Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Quietly Celebrating




Today I am quietly celebrating this, my 100th post! I can't tell you how much I enjoy this blogging lark, and there are so many more surprises to come. I am currently fleshing out some surprises to reveal over the next month, that should make this experience even more fun and interactive for you all. If you have any special requests for posts or information you would like to see, ask away.

I had a lovely day today. Not expecting anything special, just a trip to the pool and the usual tasks, I was pleasantly surprised by some lovely packages in my mail box. My best friend who lives on the other side of the world, sent me a lovely card and a pack of gum; just to make me smile. She knows me so well.


My latest Ebay purchases also turned up and I am now the proud owner of a rhinestoned, 80's knitted cocktail dress. I can hardly wait to wear this baby. It is soft, warm and sexy all at the same time.


















While doing the most banal sort of shopping, I found this lovely little vintage re-released Golden Book, "Nurse Nancy" from 1952. I just adore these illustrations and it makes bedtime stories so much more fun for me.



And of course, I couldn't leave you without a daily outfit. It was layering (again!) today, as it is 16 degrees outside but about 38 degrees inside at the pool. Quite the wardrobe challenge.


Red top - Miss shop, Black asymmetrically zipped jacket - Viviennes Collection, Vintage Kilt - Ebay, Black thigh highs - Sock Dreams, Shoes - Wittner, Skull earrings - Diva.

14 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

Congrats on your 100th post!

Elizabeth said...

I love this post. The cupcake, the book, the gum and card, and the outfit. Sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty outfit today and congrats on reaching 100! I love the cocktail dress. It reminds me of my best friend's prom dress circa 1987. She couldn't find one she liked, so she designed and made one herself in a similar style but in 80s electric blue! I hope she kept it.

Anonymous said...

Congratulation on your 100th post. Great dress btw.

Love, Betsy

Kelly said...

I think one of my goals in life must be to find out how to do that fading color thing on cupcake icing. Too bad I don't make icing like that - I don't much care for the taste. But I could suck it up to develop ombre icing skills!

annabananna said...

congratulations! and: lovely kilt!

Candice DeVille said...

Thanks for your congratulations all.
Kelly: I must admit, I pinched this picture from Photobucket. I was going to make cup cakes but then I figured I'd just eat them all and have to go to the gym more times this week. So this was a safer option.
annabannana: Thanks, I love all the buckles on kilts.
Betsy, Tizz and Amy: Thanks, You make it all worthwhile.
enc: Oh I know! I'm just back from the gym, so about to hit the shower and go and try on that fabulous dress.

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

congratulations...the first 100 seemed quick but getting to 200 feels like it's taken an eternity. You know I'm loving the 80's knitted cocktail dress...HEAVEN!

WendyB said...

That dress is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 100th post! yea!

Lady Melbourne said...

I don't feel like I've left you comments in ages, even though I come here all the time!
Inspiring as usual, I love your eye for vintage. I'm wondering if we'll bump into each other in Chapel St Bazaar one day fossicking for old scarves?!
Love it.
LM
x

Unknown said...

HIP HIP HOORAY!!!! cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hoorah! 100 Posts! You are a busy bee! Glad you liked the yummy mummy bubble-gummy! Mwa! xoxoxo

Candice DeVille said...

Lizziedee: Thanks so much sweetie! A wonderful surprise. I love getting your surprise packages.