Saturday, May 17, 2008

Daily Outfit







Top - Vintage Ebay, Jeans - Target, Shoes - Novo, Earrings - Vintage thrift store find

My pictures turned out a little strange today. It looks like I am talking to a little china guinea pig in the first shot. He came from my Grandma as a remembrance of my little pig that died some years back (I was quite attached). I have to take nearly all my photos myself with remote control, and in between being crash tackled by a nearly four old, so sometimes the outcomes aren't quite what I expected. They will, however, give you a pretty accurate window into my day.

It is our first really cold day for the Autumn Winter season. It was all of 6 degrees as I headed out to the grocery store. I do love the way that when you are well dressed, people are more inclined to assist you. The grocery boy was concerned that he didn't pack the bags too heavy for me, men stopped to reach things on high shelves and old people stopped for a chat. It makes the fairly ordinary task of food shopping so much more interesting.

12 comments:

Tizzalicious said...

I love love your top and earrings!

Anonymous said...

You know, I think it may also have something to do with the fact that you are gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your look - it's really elegant and your earrings shine so bright.

WendyB said...

Hey, if you want to talk to a china guinea pig, I support you.

Candice DeVille said...

Tizz: The top was a great Ebay find. I'm always looking for things with buttons as I am still nursing the baby.
Cybill: Oh thank you, but I still find if I head up to the hardware store in my painting clothes, and find myself struggling under the weight of my purchases, no-one even bats an eye.
Nadine: The earrings remind me of Chrysanthemum flowers, and they were all of 50 cents!
Wendy: I guess I'll get as much clarity talking to this one too!

Anonymous said...

What a nice outfit for shopping! I usually look horrified in photos if I'm interrupted--you just look happy! Enjoy the cold....it's heating up on this end of things!

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

If I saw all your glamour at my local supermarket I'd stop and chat! Oh how I miss Melbourne :( You should see the gruesome horrors that frequent my Coles in Surry Hills...if you've ever pondered the theory of regressive evolution (as we all do!) then I could offer evidence to support said theory...hahaha

Thanks for your comment on new picxxx

Candice DeVille said...

Imelda: I know just what you mean, I have been to that Coles quite a few times, (I lived in Sydney for 4 years)and there are indeed some specimens to support that theory. It is almost enough to poke ones eyes out!

Dotti said...

Oh, I just stumbled across your blog and was stuck immediately. Love your outfits and how you're writing. May I add you to my blogroll?

Candice DeVille said...

Hi Dotti, So glad you're enjoying your visits. Please feel free to add me to your blogroll. :)

Unknown said...

i love this outfit! you look gorgeous.

Elizabeth said...

You have a gift for putting things together.