Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Daily Outfit



I am not sure whether I was channeling Pirates or Patriots today. The top (although they sold it as a dress) I picked up in China Town in Sydney. The Palazzo pants I made from what has now become my favorite pants pattern, and the shoes are the customized ballet flats from a previous post. Looking much more like my Sweeney Todd inspiration here.
Today was just off to swimming lessons with the girls again, and a little sewing on the side. I finally finished the 1962 vintage style dress for the wedding this weekend. As soon as I have a shot of me all dolled up in this number, I'll post some pics too. The dress form doesn't really do it justice.It was somewhat more difficult than I was expecting, which I guess is due to dresses of this era being much more precisely tailored than todays average dress. I am just comparing this dress to patterns I have previously made marked ' easy'. I've got to admit that I am just so proud that I managed to make my most complex piece yet without once having to ring my mum for help. I have been known to buy a pattern and fabric, get it cut out and then find it all too hard until mum takes over. My plans are nothing if not grand. :)

No comments: