Monday, November 24, 2008

Fancy Fillies

Super Kawaii Mama and Porcelain Blonde

What a delightful and civilized way to spend a Monday morning. Today I met up with Porcelain Blonde for morning tea at the stunning Langham Hotel. With Miss One as our third, we enjoyed lots of delightful pastries, a wonderful view and very accommodating staff. After Miss One's efforts with the chocolate eclairs, we had to put the cleaning staff on notice!

Given that Melbourne's weather has recently taken a turn for the frosty, I had the opportunity to wear this gorgeous emerald green vintage jacket. A beautiful piece of 80's couture that after a little TLC, is now one of my favorite pieces. Yes, I probably should have taken some more detail shots, but I was having too much fun today to stop for all that messing around. So next time I promise.


Outfit Details: Vintage Couture Jacket - Maxi Librati, Skirt - SES, Shoes- Luca & Marc, Diamond studs and Monkey Brooch.

Porcelain Blonde taking Tea with Miss One.

And what a fun time we had! Strolling along the boulevard, we spied the gilded poles of the carousel and I couldn't help but make a beeline for it in all its kitschy glory. With a quick word to the operator, we hopped aboard, being careful not to lose our stilettos between the boards, and chose our ponies. And what a laugh! Riding around to that delightfully cliche carnival music in all our finery, we drew quite the crowd. Whether we seemed mad or amusing, it was smiles all over; and that is the best anti-age remedy I know.



17 comments:

Tara said...

Looks gorgeous! Great photos & amazing outfit!

esme and the laneway said...

Oh wow! You both look amazing! And th hotel looks beautiful... and a carousel? Heaven...

Neroli said...

How. Devine.

And how good is the Langham's High Tea? So glad you spent a grey Melbourne day with such bright company.

What a stylish pair you made!

Neroli said...

PS. I've given you a well deserved award: see my blog for the details

xx TMS

Anonymous said...

your looks stunning

Zelda Rose said...

You all look wonderful, and that jacket really works on you. It must have been a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for spearheading the campaign to bring back the word 'fillies'....

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm really loving that emerald jacket.

WendyB said...

Looks like a great time!

Andrea Eames said...

You both look like you're having such fun!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun - but you know that already :)
What fun random thing will happen next time we catch up I wonder?!

Green is such a divine colour on you and the cut of your jacket is superb - so sharp. As were your rather dishy diamond studs :) If they ever go missing you know where to look haha.

And Miss One is as pretty and charming as her mama! A glamour girl in training :)

Anonymous said...

That looks like the most splendid of outings.

Candice DeVille said...

Tara: the carousel staff generously took a few shots for us too.
Esme: The hotel is stunning. Definitely my new favorite Melb hotel venue.
TMS: divine hardly covers it. We did err on the conservative side at that time of the morning and skipped the chocolate indulgence option though. And thank you for the award. I'll be over soon. xx
Theresa: Thank you.
Zelda Rose: I have a feeling you would have loved it. Some days are like starring in your own movie and this was one.
Susie Bubble: Ahh, you are welcome. Just another of my arcane expressions that would do well to infiltrate the vernacular.
Jackie: It is so green, thank you.
Wendy B: Girly silliness goes a long way on a Monday.
PB: "It's a jolly holiday with me" love! Thank you for such a wonderful day and a memorable start to the week.
Cybill: Splendid indeed. One of those days that makes you say "Hurrah!".

Lisamaree said...

What a lovely day out. My big sister has suggested the Windsor for afternoon tea with my Gramps and Grandma when I come home this January. How would you rate that Super K?
xx

Anonymous said...

Hi, I usually like your blog, you must get told quite often that it's clever and unique, but you sounded quite snobby when you didn't want to clean up your child's mess, opting for "putting the cleaning staff on notice" instead. It didn't sound very cute, sorry.

Candice DeVille said...

Hi Sandra, it wasn't meant to come across that way. The Langham isn't the kind of hotel where you clean up after yourself, it isn't done and would be frowned upon by the hotel staff. But with the floor covered in crumbs I didn't just want to walk away, so instead I apologised for the mess and asked that they let the cleaning staff know so that it wasn't a nasty surprise later on. That is what I meant by "putting the cleaning staff on notice."
Hope that puts the comment in perspective.

Anonymous said...

yep! :)