** Regular outfit and style posting will resume again tomorrow as these more personal posts aren't really what this blog is about, but it is nice to share sometimes. **
When you are feeling a bit lack luster, (I found the bottom in a couple of bottles of Red last night) it is so wonderful to know people are thinking of you. And this week has been a lovely one for kind thoughts. I received the Brillante Blogger award from Freelancer's Fashion And Fashion Hayley.
Here are the "rules" for the Award:
1) When received, you may post the award to you blog.
2) Link to the blogger you received it from.
3) Give it to 7 blogs
4) Link to those 7 blogs
5) And leave those seven bloggers a comment about receiving the brilliant premio.
I'd like to share the love by passing this award to:
Outsapop: For providing what is quite possibly the best Trashion and DIY blog out there. Whenever I read her work and see her latest creations I am so inspired to put down the computer and pick up the scissors.
OhSnail: For being so creative, honest and having one of the most unique personal styles for such a young blogger. When I read her work it is just like she has stepped from the pages of an Enid Blyton novel, and I think my 15 year old self would like to spend an afternoon with her.
Old Hollywood Glamour: For providing a veritable feast for my eyes as well as all the low down to go with it.
Times of Glory: Not only for her beautiful outfits, but all the time and effort she puts into styling her photos.
Tokyo Bunnie: For her art which ALWAYS makes my day. You cannot possibly be sad, depressed, angry or feeling any kind of negativity while reading her blog. Super Kawaii!
From Betsy With Love: For being my go to place for new blog introductions. I think Betsy is one of my Style Soul sisters, and we often seem to find our inspirations in similar places.
Fashion Binge: For providing not only eye candy, but really helpful style links such as this Humidity Predictor to help you harness you bad hair days before they happen.
Also Aus Style and Fashion Hayley have handed me what is called The Tree of Happiness, which is basically a nice excuse to share your joy with the world. I have to tell you 6 things that make me happy and pass this on to another 6 people.
1.Painting makes me happy. Not the artistic on canvas kind (although that is good too), I mean painting walls. I love that you can instantly change the mood of a room with a quick coat of paint and that, like fashion, you can choose to be as brave as you want to because there really are no rules.
2. A nicely set table. I love buying vintage linen on Ebay and making up my own matching sets of cloths, napkins and other trimmings. It is amazing how eating your dinner from a hot pink gingham cloth can be such a pick me up.
3. To Do Lists. Ticking things off a to do list, gives me such a buzz. I actually save my favorite stationery to write my lists on and usually have Hello Kitty or someone similar 'telling' me what I have to do.
4.Ella Fitzgerald. Whenever I am getting really cranky and my temper is frayed, I just put on some early Ella Fitzgerald and I can't help but start singing and dancing around like a crazy person.
5.Fashion and the freedom we have here to express ourselves through fashion. I am so grateful that I live in a time, and a country, where there really are no limits to what you can wear (except your own confidence). Wonderful vintage fashion also makes me happy as I like to imagine the life of each garment and what wonderful memories that it may have been a part of.
6. My Mr. I am SO so fortunate to have the man I do. It would take me a long time to list all of his good points, but one of the best things about him is his generosity of spirit and he always makes me feel like number one. Oh, and it helps that he never complains about the VISA bill!
I'm going to add a bonus happiness piece to my list, because more than anything else, it is these two cheeky critters that make me happy.
So I am now passing on this Tree of Happiness to Heather Shade, Cybill at Sorting it Out, Amy at The Daily Mail, The Tatooed Mama, Tizzalicious and The Cherry Blossom Girl.
Now that I've done all that, it's back to my To Do List and finishing my latest sewing projects so that I have some new outfits to show you this week.