Monday, February 18, 2008

Rock your Body



So I am back at the gym after baby two. I have been back since before Christmas but now I am so much fitter I feel I can hit it a bit harder. But here is a sartorial challenge.. funky gym gear that doesn't cost the earth and also doesn't look like I'm trying too hard. I used to stick to the basic varieties of Yoga pant and singlet top but I am boring myself into oblivion; it just doesn't express anything about WHO I am. I really hate the way so many people drag themselves to the gym looking like they have just rolled out of bed. Bad hair, old over sized T-shirts, too tight gym pants that show just where your undies have ridden to while you were on that tread mill, and a look of silently begging "please don't see me / talk to me". Isn't part of getting fit liking what you see?

There have been a few good blog posts recently about cool gym gear, but truly, I am not planning to spend more than $40 on an outfit and I don't need a whole wardrobe full of trainers - I need all that room for my other shoes! Ah, and one more challenge to add to the mix- I have a baby to breast feed just before hitting the gym floor. So I still have to wear maternity bras (Elle MacPherson's rule!) and tops that allow for fairly easy access in a hurry.

So I am going to try and mix and match, layering approach and we'll see what happens. I'll post up pictures every time I go and see what you think. Any comments or suggestions people?

No comments: